New Job Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Job Hurdle

I have been offered prelimanary employment for this awesome company on the condition that I can get approved for the company credit card as this job will require 50% travel.

They stated since I'm about to declareBK they had no why of knowing if I would be approved or not and if I was not approved that the job offer would be recended.

Since I have a job and would have to give notice and leave this one to take the new one and they state I can not apply for the company credit card tilll after I'm employed by them, I'm thinking I will turn down the job offer???

Anyone have any suggestions?
    Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Originally posted by Fallonedward View Post
    I have been offered prelimanary employment for this awesome company on the condition that I can get approved for the company credit card as this job will require 50% travel.

They stated since I'm about to declareBK they had no why of knowing if I would be approved or not and if I was not approved that the job offer would be recended.

Since I have a job and would have to give notice and leave this one to take the new one and they state I can not apply for the company credit card tilll after I'm employed by them, I'm thinking I will turn down the job offer???

Anyone have any suggestions?
    Your chance of being approved for the card, especially if it an amex card is pretty slim. Do not take the risk of leaving your other job. I think that this is a polite way of your prospective employer stating that your credit is an issue for them. Exceptions are made sometimes for employees who cannot get company cards, and they are not offering to make an exception and guarantee your debt with the credit card company.

It would be a risk to accept the job knowing that there is a very good chance (almost certain) that you are not going to be approved for the card.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

I turned down the job offer yesterday, too much of a risk for me

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
      Your chance of being approved for the card, especially if it an amex card is pretty slim. Do not take the risk of leaving your other job. I think that this is a polite way of your prospective employer stating that your credit is an issue for them. Exceptions are made sometimes for employees who cannot get company cards, and they are not offering to make an exception and guarantee your debt with the credit card company.

It would be a risk to accept the job knowing that there is a very good chance (almost certain) that you are not going to be approved for the card.

Comment

I am genuinely sorry that you had to turn down the job offer, but I think taking the job with so much travel involved, right out of bankruptcy, with no company card, would have proved to be quite stressful.

Comment

I felt bad that I had to turn it down as well as late yesterday I heard that my current company might be having major layoffs in my department today. I just hope at the end of today I'm still employed,

I am genuinely sorry that you had to turn down the job offer, but I think taking the job with so much travel involved, right out of bankruptcy, with no company card, would have proved to be quite stressful.

Comment

I felt bad that I had to turn it down as well as late yesterday I heard that my current company might be having major layoffs in my department today. I just hope at the end of today I'm still employed,
            Please update this thread with your status. My thoughts are with you.

Comment

ahhhhhhhhhhhh......shoot....i was going to ask what if you got a secured credit card for the moment????? but now it's too late...
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Tobee, I have been told that layoffs are coming in December at my company as they want to move the bulk of their business to China and India. I hope I will not get downsized but since this is something I can not control, I'm just going to be proactive and see if I can find ohter employment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                ahhhhhhhhhhhh......shoot....i was going to ask what if you got a secured credit card for the moment????? but now it's too late...

Comment

Tobee, I have been told that layoffs are coming in December at my company as they want to move the bulk of their business to China and India. I hope I will not get downsized but since this is something I can not control, I'm just going to be proactive and see if I can find ohter employment
                  Being proactive is always a good idea. With the filing behind you, you will be able to focus on finding a good position.

Comment

fallon, i'm so sorry to hear that.......i really hope you can find something else soon. i know my dh was downsized right out the door....and he's still looking but not hopeful in his field...i really hope you have better luck!
                    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

BTS, that is what I'm doing taking one hurdle at a time

Being proactive is always a good idea. With the filing behind you, you will be able to focus on finding a good position.

Comment

My hubby has been looking for 9 months with no luck....Hubby is in his 50"s but we still have grade school children so we need income

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                        fallon, i'm so sorry to hear that.......i really hope you can find something else soon. i know my dh was downsized right out the door....and he's still looking but not hopeful in his field...i really hope you have better luck!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X